GrayBar Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
- personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, company, job title, IP address)
- payment details, for the purpose of completing a purchase with us
- the information you provide to us and which we generate about you when you make an enquiry or complaint with us
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide GrayBar with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- register online or place an order for any of our products or services
- voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our enquiry forms or via email
- use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
GrayBar collects your data for the following purposes:
- processing your order and managing your account
- internal record keeping
- improving our products and services.
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- email you with news and special offers on other products and services we think you might like
- we may use your IP address to analyse how you engage with us (on our website and through our email communications) to assist us in improving our website and review the effectiveness of our communications
- where you have made a purchase with us, we will use this information to supply the products/services you have requested, to process your payment and to provide our customer services and related administrative support to you
- where you have made an enquiry or complaint, we will use this information to deal with your enquiry or complaint and provide our services to you
We will share some of your personal data with selected third parties. This will include our email platform provider, credit reference agencies, our product delivery agents, our payment providers and third parties who operate data storage/management systems on our behalf. Full details of such third parties can be provided on request (using the contact details below). When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Company will keep your data for five years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data.
GrayBar would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies (Braude - a trading division of Heatrod Elements Ltd, Heatrod Elements Ltd, Backer Group).
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop GrayBar from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Backer Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact: [email protected]
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- the right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- the right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- the right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- the right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- the right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- the right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Call us at: 0161 727 3713
Or write to us: GrayBar Ltd, Unit 10, Top Deck, Smethurst Lane, Bolton, BL4 0AN
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
- keeping you signed in
- understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us